Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! As an extramural Physician (Research) you will stimulate, plan, advise, direct, and evaluate program activities for a portfolio of research projects and programs. To learn more about the grants process, types of grant programs, and the peer review process, visit the website for the Office of Extramural Research.Learn more about this agency
- Utilize your medical expertise to administer extramural research grants in a major program area.
- Actively collaborates in the planning, development, implementation and administration of research and training programs, projects, and contracts, conferences and workshops.
- Plans, implements, and coordinates programs and initiatives in the assigned specialty area of research.
- Administers clinical and basic research projects, including clinical trials, supported by the assigned organization.
- Takes administrative measures to achieve program goals through contacts with researchers and in administration of grant applications and ongoing projects, and communicates program goals in response to inquiries.
- Evaluates the recommendations of peer review groups.
- Works closely with the principal investigator and the awardee institutions as an organizational representative.
- Serves as a medical liaison between the Institute/Center and research working groups.
- Provide technical leadership to Extramural research efforts in the design and conduct of research.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560230100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.