VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) in Reno, NV is seeking a full-time board certified/board eligible anesthesiologist to join our surgical staff to provide general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and monitored anesthesia care for general, vascular, thoracic, orthopedic, GU, ENT, ophthalmology, and podiatric surgery. Also included is anesthesia for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cardiac catheterization lab and interventional radiology.Learn more about this agency
The staff Anesthesiologist is accountable to Chief, Anesthesiology, to provide the most effective delivery of anesthetic care throughout the medical center in compliance with VA and VHA Directives and The Joint Commission accreditation standards.
The staff Anesthesiologist may be responsible for:
* Assessment of, consultation for, and preparation of patients for anesthesia including pre-operative patient exam and assessment.
* Provision of insensibility to pain during surgical, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures and the management of patients so affected.
* Monitoring and restoration of homeostasis during the perioperative period, as well as homeostasis in the critically ill, injured, or otherwise seriously ill patient.
* Diagnosis and treatment of painful syndromes.
* Clinical management and teaching of cardiac and pulmonary resuscitation.
* Evaluation of respiratory function and application of respiratory therapy in all its forms.
* Supervision, teaching, and evaluation of performance of both medical and paramedical personnel in anesthesia, respiratory, and critical care.
* Conduct of research and collaboration in research efforts at the clinical and basic science level in order to proactively identify gaps in evidence and practice, then measure the impact of filling these gaps and linking evidence to practice. Relevant research findings and quality improvement results can then be systematically fed back to providers and patients, as appropriate.
* Provides anesthesia-related direct patient care in all functional areas of the OR, PACU, ICU, ward, and out of OR procedural settings as needed.
* Administrative involvement in hospitals, medical schools, and outpatient facilities necessary for implementation of these responsibilities.
* Involvement in quality improvement efforts.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday, Holidays and On-call coverage is required
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Authorized
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560190200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.