Temporary appointments may be extended through the Fall semester of 2020 without further competition. No further extension is granted past Fall 2020 academic period.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee, you will:
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors. Personally handles routine inquires for information, utilizing a general knowledge of program operations. Refers technical inquires to the appropriate staff members supervisor. Schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences for staff members per their instructions.
- Reviews, screens, logs, and distributes mail.
- Establishes and maintains filing system for the office (subject-matter, numerical, chronological and correspondence) to include correspondence, publications and reprints, administrative issuances, etc. Codes, cross-references, indexes, and establishes new files as required.
- Compiles and maintains statistical data, listings, and tables as directed using adding machine, calculator, computer word processor and spreadsheets.
- Assists in preparing requisitions and keeps accounts of project funding and expenditures, including maintenance of financial spreadsheets.
- Performs administrative support duties related to on-going projects, such as calling and/or scheduling subjects.
- Schedules conferences and meetings, including reserving space and notifying attendees, providing supplies, etc. On occasion, attends meetings and takes appropriate notes.
- Prepares travel orders, travel vouchers, and makes necessary reservations for transportation, lodgings, etc. for employees. After travel orders or vouchers are prepared, forwards them through proper channels for approval and processing. Maintains itinerary of traveler while in travel status. Incumbent assists with arranging visits of international scientists.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559845500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.