The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is actively recruiting for a board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine to work as a Hospitalist in is our Specialty Care Service Line.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement until December 31, 2020. This announcement will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis. 1st review will be February 26, 2020.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives are not authorized.
Relocation Expenses (PCS) expenses are not authorized.
- Evaluate each patient on rounds with the assigned medicine team daily
- Responsible for assessing and formulating a plan of care of each patient on daily basis and to personally enter a note into the medical record for each patient everyday
- Provide appropriate education to students and house staff during rounds and deliver formal didactic lectures at times, including venues such as noon conference
- Review and sign each note generated by students and house staff everyday and stay current with view alerts in CPRS
- Be available after hours when "on call" to assist by telephone or in person if needed for evaluation and care of patients
- Complete evaluations of medical students and house staff and peer reviews and TMS training in a timely manner
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559733000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.