The men and women of the U.S. Department of State, Office of Inspector General with their skills, character and commitment to public service, provide critical oversight to ensure the Department of State and the Broadcasting Board of Governors perform their foreign policy/diplomatic and international broadcasting missions effectively and efficiently.Learn more about this agency
Performs acquisition staff advisory work, analyzing, planning and reviewing assigned procurement operational programs. Responsible for analyzing, recommending and implementing change to evoke efficiencies and increase the quality of services provided by acquisition/contracting staff. Through trend analysis, identifies positive and negative outcomes in policies/procedures, recommending corrective actions when appropriate. Researches current State Department and other legal and regulatory policy to determine local policy adaptation and procedure implementation, as well as tools available for corresponding metrics analysis. Works with procurement staff and the EX Budget Office to oversee OIG's purchase card operations.
- Collects data and creates metrics, utilizing existing system reports when available, to analyze system efficiencies with the organization.
- Performs a variety of highly visible projects that are related to the analysis of acquisition and procurement process data which could impact the OIG.
- Receives correspondence from various organizations with OIG requiring response and/or action.
- Conducts research through regulatory framework or through interviews with personnel and provides appropriate response or report of action in a timely fashion.
- When requested, analyses the most complex OIG solicitations for contractual completeness and proper adherence to all applicable regulations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559707300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.