You will serve as the Collection Manager in the Curator Branch of the NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND (NHHC), overseeing the daily operations of the Collection Management Facility in Richmond, VA including inventorying, cataloging, and storing artifacts; managing the facility to ensure that it is in good working order; and guiding the Collection Management Section through best practices for managing a museum collection.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the lead for the NHHC backlog elimination and baseline inventory projects
- You will oversee the inventory, cataloging, and storage of the headquarters artifact collection and advise the Collection Management Section on best practices for managing a museum collection.
- You will generate written reports such as inventories and project status reports.
- You will manage the day-to-day operation of the 300,000 square foot NHHC Collection Management Facility (CMF), ensuring it is well maintained and functioning efficiently.
- You will supervise the Curator Branch staff located at CMF assigning tasks, ensuring training compliance, conducting training, establishing yearly objectives, and conducting performance reviews.
- You will answer technical and general inquiries on artifacts in the collection
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559597400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.