GSA’s core mission is to help federal agencies buy smarter, reduce their real estate footprint, provide efficient, cost saving technology and create a better, faster federal government. We are currently recruiting for Project Managers throughout various GSA’s offices and business lines:
Locations: Atlanta, GA, Auburn, WA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City, MO, Lakewood, CO, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC,Learn more about this agency
At GSA, our Project Managers assist with projects/program activities supporting various GSA business activities such as:
- Interpreting and applying specifications and requirements
- Designing and coordinating schedules;
- Reading and understanding project/program requirements;
- Tracking expenses and funding and monitoring and evaluating business projects/programs to improve performance
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must have registered with the Selective Service
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
NOTE: For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
Please Note- The salary listed in this announcement is based on the Washington DC locality pay scale, if the position is filled in another locality pay area, the corresponding pay table would be used. The following link to the 2020 OPM Pay Tables provides the locality pay for each geographic area: 2020 OPM General Schedule Pay Tables.
GS-7 level - The GS-07 salary range starts at $48,670.00 per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant. Salary will be based upon location where your are selected.
Specialized Experience : Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience applying basic projects/programs management techniques and procedures, applying specifications and requirements; assisting with the design and coordination of schedules; assisting with the review of project/program requirements including the tracking of expenses and funding for the purpose of improving projects/programs performance
- Completed all the requirements for a Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university in a major field plus meet the Superior Academic Achievement provision. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. For information on what constitutes SSA, refer to Section 4-F at the following OPM Website: General Policies
Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
1. Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
2. Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of:
- 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; or
- 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
GS-9 level - The GS-09 salary range starts at $59,534.00 per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant. Salary will be based upon location where your are selected.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience assisting with projects/programs, interpreting and applying specifications and requirements; designing and coordinating schedules; assisting with the review of project/program requirements, tracking expenses and funding and monitoring and evaluating business projects/programs to improve performance
EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B., J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field.
A combination of specialized experience and graduate level education as described in "A" and "B" above that, when combined, fulfills the requirements.
Bargaining Unit status: Varies based on location selected
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring your, or for firing you after you begin work.
You may select and rank order up to 3 locations for which to be considered.The selections chosen will be the ONLY locations for which you will be considered.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you have: (a) demonstrated you meet the qualifications for the position; and (b) provided all of the required documentation for consideration.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
If you are claiming veterans’ preference:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are claiming 10-point preference or derived preference (a spouse, widow or widower, or parent of a deceased or disabled veteran), submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214:
(1) completed SF-15 form; and
(2) proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
If you are active duty military- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
If you are a former Peace Corp or VISTA volunteer: Submit your Description of Service.
College transcripts: If you are using some or all of your college education to meet qualification requirements for this position, you must submit a photocopy of your college transcript(s). If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. For education completed outside the United States, also submit a valid foreign credential evaluation that substantiates possession of the required education.
Superior Academic Achievement: Submit transcripts as described above. If you qualify based on your class rank or honor society membership, submit documentation of it.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
What We Offer:
- Orientation designed to help you transition to your new career
- Team-building activities
- Technical training
- On-going professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions while in your learning stages
In addition you will receive a wide array of benefits, including:
- Multiple health insurance plans & life insurance
- Vacation, sick leave & 10 paid holidays
Flexible work schedules and the opportunity to telework periodically, dependent on mission needs
- A monthly transit subsidy
- An outstanding retirement plan
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job.
To begin, click the Apply Online button on the vacancy announcement.
- Sign in or register on USAJobs and select a resume and documents to include in your application.
- Once you have clicked Apply for this position now, you will be taken to the GSA site to complete the application process.
- Click the Apply To This Vacancy and complete all steps in the application process until the Confirmation indicates your application is complete. If you click Return to USAJobs or get timed out prior to receiving confirmation, your application will not be submitted and cannot be considered for this job.
- Note: Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section of this announcement to determine which apply to you and must be submitted online. You may choose one or more of the following options to submit your document(s): Upload (from your computer); USAJOBS (click the "USAJOBS" link to complete the transfer process) or FAX (read the "Fax instructions" provided prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information).
Need Assistance in Applying? Contact the HR representative listed on the announcement prior to the application deadline. We are available to assist you Monday - Friday during normal business hours. You must receive HR approval before deviating from these instructions. Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully before the announcement closing.
Agency contact information
General Services Administration
National Recruitment Center
2300 Main St. 2FL 2NW
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
After the closing date/deadline:
- ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS: Your application will be reviewed for all requirements.
- REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT: If you meet all the requirements, you may be referred to management for review and a possible interview.
- SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER: If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer and start the suitability and/or security background investigation process.
- FINAL JOB OFFER: Once our security office determines you can come on board, you will be given a final offer, which is typically 40 days after the announcement closes.
- FINAL COMMUNICATION: Once the position is filled, we will notify you of your status. You may also check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications.
Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559520900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.