This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Deputy Inspector General for Evaluations and is responsible for providing technical advice and support to the DoD, conducts independent assessments and makes recommendations to improve DoD programs and operations. The position is located within the Research and Engineering Directorate.Learn more about this agency
- As a General Engineer, AD-0801-14, working within the Research and Engineering Directorate, you will provide oversight and policy guidance for the Department of Defense, authority for multiple disciplines of engineering for the DoD OIG.
- Provides engineering expertise for inspections and evaluations in support of various projects.
- Designs and conducts technical inspections and evaluations that are independent and objective in highly technical areas.
- Participates in and/or leads investigations, audits, evaluations, and assessments.
- Collects and compiles data for completing analysis, tabulations, charts and graphs.
- Develops proposed findings and recommendations from inspections and evaluations.
- Provides DoD OIG and employees with technical and professional expertise on engineering matters.
- Provides guidance on major weapons production engineering, system logistics and modification support, commodities and services, construction and architect engineer procurement and procurement by foreign governments.
- Prepares and presents reports for investigations, audits and evaluations in writing and orally.
- Reviews systems and acquisition programs at various life cycle stages from technology development through production and deployment.
- Evaluates and provides comments on proposed audits, investigations, evaluations or studies.
- Applies multiple disciplines of engineering to assessments of, but not limited to, DoD systems and programs in stages of development, procurement, modification, sustainment, construction and design.
- Apply multiple disciplines of engineering to assessments of, but not limited to, DoD systems and programs in stages of development.
- Conducts engineering assessments and provides recommendations to improve of DoD programs and operations where engineering techniques and methods are used.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559337100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.