This position is located at the Sisseton Indian Health Service, Dental Clinic, Sisseton Service Unit, of the Great Plains Area Indian Health Service. The position is responsible for the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the preventive dental program at the Sisseton Service Unit with both community and clinical components.Learn more about this agency
- Examines patients' teeth and surrounding tissues, records history, plans treatments and appointments in accordance with existing conditions.
- Performs oral prophylaxis and provides therapeutic care using a variety of scalers and ultrasonic equipment; includes performing deep scaling, root planning, and subgingival curettage, taking intraoral impressions for the preparation of study models, smoothing and polishing rough edges of restorations, placing temporary fillings, administering local anesthesia, placing and removing rubbers dams, applying sealants.
- Provides dental hygiene and therapeutic instruction to patients, both individually and in groups, in the home care phase of treatment, adapting instructions, oral hygiene aids and techniques such as use of interproximal brushes, bridge threaders, and disclosing agents.
- Takes, develops and interprets intraoral and extra oral radiographs.
- Maintains patient record of treatment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559277500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.