The Office of Congressional Workplace Rights (OCWR) is looking for a dynamic Workplace Rights Specialist who possesses excellent communication skills to join the team of dedicated employees responsible for administering the Congressional Accountability Act (CAA) which applies the rights and responsibilities of 13 employment and labor workplace statutes in the Legislative Branch.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for exercising sound judgment, working independently and cooperatively, communicating in a clear and courteous manner, and showing a willingness to achieve and innovate. The incumbent is also responsible for performing the following functions in a timely and competent manner:
- Report to the Deputy Executive Director for the House of Representatives.
- Serve as an integral part of the Office of Congressional Workplace Rights' (OCWR) program to inform, educate, and train the legislative branch community on workplace rights and responsibilities under the Congressional Accountability Act (CAA).
- Stay current on the employment laws applied by the CAA, and all related topics.
- Conduct research and develop instructional materials that convey complex information in straightforward terms.
- Prepare and present information on CAA-related topics, such as discrimination and workplace safety, explaining the application of provisions of the CAA to the covered community.
- Monitor and provide updates on the status of proposed and pending legislation of interest to the OCWR.
- Assist with communications and outreach activities, including the development of digital media content.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of special events sponsored by the OCWR.
- Maintain confidentiality of Office information and proceedings as required by the CAA and the Rules of Procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558795800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.