The incumbent is responsible for performing the following functions in a timely and competent manner, exercising sound judgment, working independently and cooperatively, communicating in a clear and courteous manner, and showing a willingness to achieve and innovate.Learn more about this agency
- Reports to the Deputy Executive Director for the House of Representatives.
- Serves as an integral part of the Office of Congressional Workplace Rights (OCWR) education and training program to educate the legislative branch community on their rights and responsibilities under the CAA.
- Stays abreast of trends and theories in education and training, and analyzes social media and website data to create educational materials using current best practices on topics of interest to the covered community.
- Develops training concepts and story ideas, prepares content, including writing and editing written materials, powerpoint presentations, and online an in-person training modules, within established production schedules. Video and instructional design experience a plus.
- Assists in the development of digital media content, including website and social media.
- Conducts informational briefings and in-person training events for the covered community on topics related to the CAA, including anti-harassment and anti-discrimination, OSH compliance, bystander intervention, and other training topics.
- Performs legislative research, monitors the status of legislation of interest to the OCWR, and reports on the status of legislation to the executive staff.
- Develops OCWR statutorily required reports, working with program-level staff and responsible officials.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of special events sponsored by the OCWR.
- With the Director of Communications, maintains inventory of education and information materials, including videos, manuals, and brochures, and assists in the distribution of educational resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of Office information and proceedings as required by the Congressional Accountability Act and the Rules of Procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558795600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.