This position is located on Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Crop Bioprotection Research Unit, Peoria, IL.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent assists in one or more phases of research by performing a variety of technical duties in support of microbial or plant related research.
- Assist with collecting, preparing, evaluating, and verifying microbes or plant samples and supporting records.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, prepares solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse, and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Assist in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties, in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment, in support of research of microbes or plants.
- Maintain records and locates and compiles data and other information from various sources.
- Perform routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
- Assist with maintaining, calibrating and modifying equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558607500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.