This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Dwight D. Eisenhower Library. As a Archivist, you will be systematically processing presidential materials, Federal records, and personal collections. Plan and direct the arrangement of donated and Federal records. Assess researcher and archival needs and determine priorities for developing finding aids for records processed systematically and records processed in response to researcher requests.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Independently determine and apply appropriate declassification guidelines to presidential papers, donated historical materials, and Federal records, consulting with the senior archivist for foreign policy, other archivists, and agency representatives on difficult review decisions.
- Provide orientation interviews for on-site researchers, explains Reading Room regulations and procedures, determine the specific area and level of research interest, guides researchers to the most effective approach to their specific projects and recommends materials appropriate for their use.
- Identify the extent, location, and accessibility of relevant information in the Library's collections.
- Plan and direct the arrangement of donated and Federal records.
- Determine the arrangement for records that are totally disarranged, misfiled, or for which the provenance is unclear. In consultation with appropriate NARA staff, identify, investigate, tests and evaluate processes for converting holdings and descriptive information and finding aids into a variety of electronic formats to improve access by NARA staff and researchers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558506300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.