The incumbent works through three subordinate managers, Supervisory IT Specialists and provides direct and indirect leadership, management and supervision to approximately 200 employees, and performs the full range of supervisory duties as a second-line supervisor within the authority delegated by the Assistant Secretary for Information and TechnologyLearn more about this agency
This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.
Work Schedule: Full-Time Employment M-F 8am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Information Technology Specialist / PD# 17357O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Available
PCS/Relocation Expenses: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Monitoring, Event Management, Disaster Recovery/ COOP and Devolution. Provide operational oversight of the change control and configuration management processes within their assigned division.
- Directs and assigns special projects and studies to subordinate supervisors based on priorities and the ability of the assignees.
- Plans organizational structure and staff needs to include hiring and making selections to fill vacant positions; making decisions on reassignments, merit and career ladder promotions, and terminations
- Participates in the research, prototyping and planning; performs technical design, and provides technical advice/assistance in the acquisition process for new, revised and upgraded information systems and software.
- Applies expert IT knowledges of several functional areas, management principles, functions and processes, project management principles, and a high degree of analytical ability in order to coordinate, monitor, evaluate, and analyze significant IT problems and issues pertaining to the delivery of ECC services to internal and external customers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558482800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.