This position is located in the US Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE), Higher Education Programs (HEP) in Washington, DC. This position performs professional work for an educationally related program (or group of programs) directed towards improving American education. Program objectives are achieved through the management of grants, contracts, and loans, as well as through professional leadership and expertise.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS (STANDING REGISTER) ANNOUNCEMENT OPEN FOR 1 YEAR. THERE WILL BE A CUT OFF DATE ESTABLISHED EVERY 30 DAYS, WHICH A LIST OF ELIGIBLES WILL BE CREATED AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND REFERRED BASED ON RECEIPT OF SUBMITTED PACKAGES.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As an Education Program Specialist, GS-1720-09, you will:
- Provide support for the Programs administered by Higher Education Programs (HEP). Provide technical assistance to grantees. She/he will provide technical assistance in the administration and management of funded projects.
- Assist applicants with requirements for submitting proposals for grants and on appropriate ways of developing program proposals to be submitted in grant applications.
- Review annual performance reports and make recommendations for continuation of funding based on the extent of substantial progress in grantees achievement of approved objectives.
- Participate in the peer review process of grant proposals under consideration for awards of grants and contracts. Make funding and policy recommendations to the program staff concerning pending awards and related matters.
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of regulations, statutes, policy and procedures, relative to the administration of Federal grant programs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558166100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.