This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Southeast Fisheries Science Center (SEFSC) with one vacancy located in Beaufort, NC; Miami, FL; Pascagoula, MS; Panama City, FL; or Galveston, TX.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Research Fish Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- As Division Director, supervise and administer the Marine Mammal and Turtle Division to conduct research in support of protected species management and conservation.
- Prepare plans, coordinate science activities, and direct research on marine mammals and sea turtles listed under the Endangered Species Act or Marine Mammal Protection Act related to: biology, ecology, life history, physiology, genetics, reproduction, species distribution, migration, acoustic communications, aerial survey, and population.
- Perform supervisory functions and provide research guidance to staff by ensuring priorities, responsibilities, policies, and allocation of program resources are followed.
- Facilitate development of unconventional or novel approaches that advance science and technology, and promote applications of program results through publications, presentations, or authoritative reports or analyses, professional symposia, and student mentorship.
- Provide leadership within the framework of management objectives and priorities for formulating research plans and hypotheses, for carrying out project plans, interpreting findings, and assessing their organizational and professional applicability.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
5 - There is no promotion potential for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558063000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.