What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $58,092 (Step 01) to $75,521 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As an Ecologist within the Great Lakes Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assist with invasive plant species research, including working with existing and potential participants in the Phragmites Adaptive Management Framework program.
- Engage the Great Lakes Commission and other collaborators to coordinate research and outreach efforts and conduct field work associated with the implementation of the invasive species control strategies and adaptive management programs.
- Conduct descriptive and quantitative statistical data analysis that may include ordinations, regressions, ANOVAs, and other tests using Excel, R, and possibly other appropriate software (e.g. Access, Oracle).
- Gather, summarize, describe, and interpret analytical results under the guidance of the research scientist.
- Contribute to the development of communication materials and communicate scientific results to the public, collaborators, and the project team.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of research data in Great Lakes coastal wetlands, including studies of water chemistry, hydrology, plants, fish, and invertebrates.
Physical Demands - The work requires some physical exertion such as walking over wet, rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The work requires moderate physical ability and average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment - Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of the outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as to not endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of up to 5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557923400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.