The Office of Congressional Workplace Rights is seeking an IT Security Project Manager who will serve as an expert in Information Technology (IT) projects and advise management on major IT products and/or service issues. The IT Security Project Manager will be expected to perform the major duties listed below in a timely and competent manner, exercise sound judgment, work independently and cooperatively, communicate in a clear and courteous manner, and show a willingness to achieve and innovate.Learn more about this agency
- Reports to the IT Director providing updates on the status of IT projects and technical issues.
- Serves as an integral part of the OCWR's IT Program and has experience with, and knowledge of, a full range of computer, information, and cyber-security issues to assure the IT Program's effectiveness.
- Organizes and manages all phases of projects to complete projects on time by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and the data center IT teams. Develops project schedules and methods for measuring results.
- Assists the IT Director in the implementation of OCWR's IT-IGRC Program by collaborating with senior leadership, directors, supervisors, staff, and contractors in scheduling, planning, and coordinating the necessary IT project activities and tasks.
- Evaluates system security plans and procedures; assists in managing and directing the operations and functions of the office support contractors, addressing IT out-of-compliance issues; and prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan.
- Defines IT security requirements and maintains systems security documentation pertaining to physical security, application and data security, system software security, contingency planning, personnel clearance procedures, security education and training, and contractor security. Reviews and develops security policies, guidelines, and procedures for systems processing multiple applications, makes revisions in response to new requirements, and revises departmental user IT policies, as needed.
- Performs a variety of IT support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Prepares requests for proposals and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products and develops renewal and upgrade project schedules for OCWR software programs.
- Maintains OCWR's effectiveness, quality service, and efficiency by defining, delivering, integrating, supporting, and establishing IT projects to support and adhere to OCWR's mission and organizational standards.
- Monitors, operates, coordinates, and assists OCWR staff and others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals to achieve desired results.
- Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the IT Director or, if applicable, to the appropriate level of support.
- Participates in collecting and analyzing technical and management data associated with IT and cyber security programs.
- Maintains continued technical liaison with the appropriate staff elements throughout OCWR and IT service providers. Also serves as the Contracting Officer's Representative on all IT-related contracts and as the primary liaison to external IT service providers negotiating working agreements and developing a Statement of Work, a Statement of Objectives, and other relevant proposal/bid package documents. The incumbent is an expert on vendor or COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) systems.
- Monitors and tracks the progress of remediation efforts and reports on the progress of Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) to correct findings of non-compliance.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces documentation of OCWR's IT systems, policies, and procedures and offers implementation strategies and policy recommendations based on industry best practices and governing directives.
- Assists the IT Director by researching and conducting investigations of cyber events to include those that potentially violate statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares various reports, briefings, summaries, and progress reports pertaining to IT projects and cybersecurity issues. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Assists the IT Director in annual budget planning and preparation, and ensures program expenditures adhere to an approved budget. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Assists the IT Director with preparing and gathering data for the purpose of presenting to an audit team, performs spot assessments, defends compliance positions and/or creates plans and procedures designed to meet statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates and coordinates activities with the website provider. Also plans, oversees, and ensures website functionality. Supports the technical needs of the Educational and Training Program.
- Develops, maintains, adjusts, and updates website content and design, including information, images, calendar content, schedules, graphics, etc., according to OCWR's changing needs.
- Collaborates with OCWR staff to ensure that the website aligns appropriately with OCWR's mission and meets OCWR's standards.
- Ensures full compliance on the website with all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Manages and maintains OCWR's social media activities, such as posting OCWR news updates, announcements, and other educational information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557691800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.