The SSA Recent Graduates Program provides Recent Graduates with entry-level developmental experience and is designed to lead to a career in the Federal government. Program participant(s) are placed in excepted service appointments, not-to-exceed 1 year.Learn more about this agency
Note: This position is being filled on a full-time basis. This is a 1-year developmental program. After successful completion of the program, you may be non-competitively converted to a term (not to exceed 1-4 years) or permanent appointment.
- These are entry level/trainee positions leading to the full performance level of GS-511-12. The employees in these entry-level positions work in a training capacity toward the full performance level position.
- Management arranges structured training and development activities to provide experience and technical competence in the methods, procedures, principles, and techniques of the full performance level.
- Assignments in this position are developmental in nature; the trainee works under the general direction of the designated supervisor, who sets overall objectives and deadlines.
- During this period of development, the supervisor or higher-level employee provides instruction in terms of expected results and specific directions for new, difficult, or special assignments.
- At the full performance level of GS-511-12, the employee performs the following duties:
- Conducts evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration?s (SSA) programs and operations to: measure the effectiveness of policies and procedures and assess the achievement of program goals.
- Conducts evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration?s (SSA) programs and operations to: evaluate the economy and efficiency of operations and identify vulnerabilities to fraud, waste and abuse.
- Identifies existing data resources, coordinating research areas and reviewing relevant legislation, regulations, SSA policies and other internal and external reports to perform work assignments.
- Develops plans to accomplish assignments in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides input to setting standards for the completion of assignments, such as staff days of effort required and the scope and depth of research and analysis to be performed.
- Modifies work plans by changing areas of emphasis and devises new approaches as determined by the analysis of preliminary findings.
- Communicates project objectives/plans to audit team and OIG executives at team meetings; and to Agency staff at entrance conferences.
- Performs assignments in accordance with the audit plan and applicable standards.
- Interviews others to gather information necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Analyzes information gathered to evaluate compliance with program regulations, policies and procedures, to evaluate accomplishment of program goals and to assess the economy and efficiency of operations.
- Formulates findings by identifying the cause(s) of conditions and developing recommendations to address them.
- Prepares written reports, memos and other documents to summarize the results of reviews and to present recommendations.
- Develops special reports as projects progress when significant issues are identified that require immediate corrective action.
- Presents the results of projects during team meetings and briefings with OIG executives and during exit conferences with SSA staff.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes information that results in new project proposals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557487700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.