This position is located in the Regional Office in Juneau, Alaska.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as the regional web manager, lead the Regional Office's social media efforts, and contribute to planning and implementing a comprehensive public affairs program for the Region.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Jacqueline Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-586-8803.
- Responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Identifies, develops, and manages content for website, social media, and video communications campaigns needed to address critical issues for the Region.
- Serves as the lead webmaster for the Regional external website.
- Serves as the regional point of contact and liaison between forests and the national office on regional website matters.
- Manages regional social media efforts and serves as the region-wide expert on regional social media efforts, techniques, and outreach strategies.
- Coordinates with Network Administrators and Internal Communications to oversee the Region?s internal intranet and SharePoint sites and provide direction and guidance for developing and improving these sites.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of public affairs communication, website, and social media efforts.
- Recommends strategies for improving outreach effectiveness, adoption of new tools, and implementing new methods and tactics for reaching a broader audience.
- Provides input into the long-range planning, development and coordination of the overall Public Affairs program for the Region.
- Analyzes public reaction and recommends changes to improve understanding.
- Participates in the development and implementation of public affairs communication plans, program strategies and techniques for dealing with addressing critical and complex public issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for instances such as trainings, meetings, or other necessary reasons.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557427700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.