About the Position: The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in a corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for reports on items of pre-historical and historical significance for survey reports, design memoranda, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements associated with District programs.
- Exercises a great deal of initiative and originality to predict, to resolve highly controversial problems relating to cultural resources and environmental impact resulting from civil works projects.
- Communicates with a wide variety of conflicting interests often involving sensitive and highly controversial issues.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with archaeologists , other professionals with universities, museums, historical societies, and other local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Plans, coordinates the archaeological, geological, and historical surveys with universities, museums, historical societies, and local, State, Federal agencies and Tribes for District programs to determine nature, location, and evaluate significance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556881600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.