This position is located within the Office of Information Technology, Security Office. The duty location is Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
*Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health of Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
IT Specialists (INFOSEC) are a mission critical occupation for HRSA. These positions are responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
As the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will be the recognized technical expert in IT cybersecurity and provide critical program development and project leadership contributions to OO/OIT's operation and strategic initiatives.
Your major duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning, developing, coordinating, promulgating and assessing Cybersecurity Operations strategy, policy, programs, operational concepts, and initiatives to oversee the functions and staff of the Security Operations Center (SOC) for all IT security monitoring and compliance operations.
- Assisting the HRSA Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in directing and implementing HRSA Cybersecurity Program to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the HRSA's IT infrastructure, systems, and sensitive information through the use of appropriately applied security controls.
- Leading and directing the identification of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to the HRSA infrastructure and sensitive data, and proactively addressing imminent threats to prevent risk exposure and disruption to the HRSA public health mission.
- Leading in the development of new processes and procedures that are repeatable and consistent across the HRSA Cybersecurity Program and the Security Operations Center Staff to ensure that all workflows, methodologies, and processes align with HRSA mission priorities and strategic objectives.
- Leading, directing, and overseeing intelligence-driven threat mitigation and capabilities that enables the integration of intelligence, counterintelligence, insider-threat, and operational/cyber security principles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556802500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.