A specialist in Rheumatology provides direct comprehensive patient care to adults with acute/chronic medical conditions and serves as a physician consultant. As a section chief, is responsible for management of all clinical, teaching, research, and administrative activities of staff members assigned to the section. Serves as clinical director of all inpatient consultation services, outpatient clinics and procedural units or will delegate to another physician in the section.Learn more about this agency
The clinical and administrative duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as Section Chief and clinician-educator or clinician-researcher in Rheumatology.
- Responsible for continuity of outpatient clinics.
- Serves as preceptor for residents and fellows in the clinic.
- Serves as Attending physician for inpatient Rheumatology consult service.
- Responsible for creating and managing provider templates and order sets to facilitate non-face to face care (consults, e-consultation)
- Completes Rheumatology E-consults.
- Indirect patient care: returning telephone calls, responding to patient emails, reviewing and renewing prescriptions, reviewing laboratory and imaging data, communication results to patients, and implementing improved quality in systems delivery.
- Plans the teaching program for students, residents, and fellows assigned to the section.
- Manages all personnel assigned to the section including creating and revising job descriptions/functional statements, approving employee leave requests, providing coverage during employee absences, and evaluating and completing employee performance evaluations.
- Develops clinical and employee performance improvement processes in conjunction with the clinical or administrative directors of the DHSM.
- Responsible for career counseling and scholarly development for junior faculty and manages promotion processes with the OHSU division Chief.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556672000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.