The Director of Education Programs (DEP) provides leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the full suite of Udall Foundation education programs and initiatives, including Udall Undergraduate Scholarships, Native American Congressional Internships, Morris K. Udall and John S. McCain Graduate Fellowships, and the Stewart L. Udall Parks in Focus program.Learn more about this agency
The DEP oversees all aspects of education program implementation and strategies for growth and improvement, including program planning, design, development, and evaluation. Major duties of the DEP position include:
- Developing and overseeing annual operations and long-term strategies for the Scholarship, Internship, Fellowship, and Parks in Focus programs;
- Managing, mentoring, and evaluating performance of Education program professional staff, including two full-time Program Managers;
- Defining financial management needs and budgetary mechanisms for execution of education programs, in coordination with the Director of Finance and Operations;
- Overseeing development of high-quality communications content, including for web- and social-media based platforms and in coordination with Udall Foundation communications programs and protocols, that promotes the education programs;
- Liaising with the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy and Native Nations Institute on educational issues, such as implementation of the Internship program;
- Developing, managing, and maintaining relationships with faculty and staff at colleges and universities, including for Scholarship and Internship recruitment, application, and selection;
- Cultivating and sustaining relationships with education program alumni, including identifying mentors and facilitators for the annual Scholars' orientation;
- Serving as the Udall Foundation's principal external representative and spokesperson for its education programs, and identifying potential new partnerships and stakeholder audiences;
- Enforcing appropriate internal controls and ensuring that programs adhere to the laws, rules, regulations, and policies of the Federal Government and the Board of Trustees, including through the provision of reports on education program activities to the Board as requested; and
- Fostering a mission-focused culture that reflects the Udall Foundation's values of Civility, Integrity, and Consensus.
All Udall Foundation employees are full-time, permanent, excepted service positions within the Federal workforce. The DEP position is equivalent to a GS-14/15 General Schedule position, depending on experience and education, with a salary range beginning at $108,960. Relocation expenses may be paid in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations for new or current Federal employees.
The DEP position is located at the Udall Foundation's Tucson, AZ headquarters; alternate duty stations are not permitted.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
15 - AD-15
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556598800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.