Work is to assign specified codes to different medical procedures in order to keep effective medical records and ensure that bills and payments are accurate for an ambulatory care health care facility. Coding Certification is required.Learn more about this agency
The first cut-off date for applications will be January 17, 2020 with subsequent cut-off dates every 10 calendar days thereafter until position is filled.
***This is an OPEN UNTIL FILLED job announcement.***
- *Abstracts medical information from Electronic Health Records (EHR) to assign and sequence ICD-10-CM/PCS including CPT and HCPCS codes for patient diagnoses and procedures on outpatient visits.
- *Monitors incomplete patient visits by running reports for inconsistencies or discrepancies in the medical record.
- *Provides technical assistance in processing and maintaining CPT codes and ICD-10 codes in Electronic Health Records (EHR) as codes are manually updated in the pick list.
- *Assists with coding audits in compliance with facility and performance improvement plans.
- *Provides ongoing education and updates to physicians, nursing staff, and other health care personnel in the organization or work unit on coding updates, rules, regulations, and guidelines.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556373300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.