The selectee for this position will serve as the Installation Environmental Program Manager in the Environmental Branch, Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.Learn more about this agency
** Above salary does not include locality. Locality adjustment will be determined by duty location once a selection has been made.**
This is a full-time temporary assignment not to exceed one year. This assignment may be extended up to 2 additional years at the discretion of management and in accordance with applicable regulations. This position may be filled as a Temporary Promotion or Temporary Reassignment.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Manages all environmental programs at the Camp, including day to day environmental oversight, planning, conservation, and restoration, in a manner that ensures the Camp is conforming to ISO 14001 as a part of the Navy's Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Manages hazardous waste handling, spill response, EV sampling and testing, drinking water, and waste water, in accordance with all applicable requirements and laws.
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations, standards, and procedures, in accordance with U.S. and Host Nation laws.
- Conducts routine inspections of tenant commands to investigate compliance with applicable standards for water and wastewater, air, above-ground and underground storage tanks, spill prevention, clean-up actions, waste management, and natural/cultural resources.
- Works with supported commands to resolve issues related to compliance or differing regulatory interpretations.
76% or greater - This position is 100% TDY to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556046800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.