THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Powered Support Systems Mechanic, Position Description Number D0324000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
(1) Responsible for the accurate interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
(2) Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines.
(3) Must independently determine work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
(4) Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE.
(5) Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, modifies and operates aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, de-icers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-powered AGE.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555930900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.