The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Director, Directorate of Information Technology Services in the development, facilitation and implementation of an integrated information and technology management program.
- Responsible for DTIC's IT budget, resources and systems lifecycle management. Advises the Administrator, Deputy Administrator and DTIC staff on all technical support IT programs.
- Advises the Administrator and the Chief Information Officer on all technical support IT programs pertaining to IT systems in the planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the directorate's functions.
- Serves under the direction of the Administrator who gives broad oral and written assignments in terms of policies and objectives. Plans work to be accomplished, setting priorities, making work assignments, and evaluating the work.
- Responsible for a number of supervisory duties such as approving leave, developing performance standards and evaluating employee's performance, and interviewing and selecting candidates for vacancies.
- Counsels employees, hears and resolves complaints from employees, and effects disciplinary measures.
- Identifies developmental needs of employees and schedules training or other developmental assignments. Carries out Human Resources Management and EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555893900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.