The incumbent of this position will serve as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Chief of the Technology Solutions Office (TSO) in the Department of Technology Services (DTS).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the Department of Technology Services (DTS). The CTO is the principal corporate officer responsible developing and maintaining a long-term technology vision, evaluating potential technology solutions, delivering enterprise architecture and standards, and advocating technology best practices that maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the Judiciary and its stakeholders.
The CTO is a member of the AO's and DTS's senior management team and reports directly to the Associate Director for Technology Services/Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CTO participates in various judiciary advisory groups and committees; accordingly, the position requires close collaboration with judiciary information technology program managers, functional line-of-business managers and executives, AO and court unit executives, as well as with federal judges.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as Chief of the Technology Solutions Office (TSO) within DTS and managing activities of the office in accordance with established AO and Judiciary policies and procedures, modern business practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaboratively defining and promoting a technology vision for the judiciary.
- Identifying, evaluating, and promoting technological and procedural innovations (e.g. new products, service offerings, and information technology best practices) to address existing and emerging business needs of the Judiciary.
- Defining, refining, and maintaining an enterprise information technology architecture framework that addresses business, information, application, infrastructure, security, and systems management components.
- Defining information technology policies, standards, guidelines, and processes consistent with the Judiciary enterprise information technology architecture framework.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555832800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.