The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is for the Army Community Recreation Division at West Point Swimming Areas.
- Acting as a water safety instructor, manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility.
- Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills.
- Instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include: front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, and butterfly.
- Teaches students from age groups of infant to adult.
- Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to the level of instruction. Instructors work with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons are safe at all times.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555585900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.