This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Office of the Archivist, Digital Preservation Unit. As a Digital Preservation Specialist, you will be advising on and participating in strategic and operational initiatives and services for the preservation of permanent born-digital electronic records and digitized record holdings.Learn more about this agency
As a Digital Preservation Specialist, you will:
- Advise the Director of Digital Preservation on recommendations for the development and implementation of digital preservation strategies, technologies, and procedures.
- Analyze, develop, and propose appropriate strategies, risk criteria, and standards for the preservation of electronic record holdings.
- Perform assessments and develop recommendations for software tools and system functionality for digital preservation operations, including format characterization, format conversion, auditing and reporting, and machine learning that can assist in the automation of preservation risk assessment and identification of trigger conditions.
- Draft, develop and maintain digital preservation risk assessments, operating procedures, and other associated documentation.
- Responsible for performing electronic record holdings audits, providing recommendations, and performing digital preservation actions in the NARA Electronic Records Archive (ERA) digital preservation repository system, and in other environments as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555406900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.