The Specialty Crops Program (SCP) is part of the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is the organization responsible for helping the produce industry market their perishable products in an orderly an efficient manner. In this position, you will serve as an Agricultural Marketing Specialist within the hemp program, responsible for implementing and administering all aspects of the AMS hemp program regulations.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, reviews, and implements new and/or revised policies specific to the hemp program
- Identifies and conceptualizes strategies to improve and/or advance the organization?s policy development practices
- Monitors and stays abreast of the implementation of approved hemp production policies
- Manages multiple, complex policy projects specific to hemp production
- Coordinates and supports the application process for hemp production licensing
- Enforces licensing, record keeping, sampling, testing, and production requirements compliance for hemp
- Conducts complex analysis of existing and proposed legislation impacting hemp production.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554843100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.