The Grants Specialist will assist the Grants Director to manage and administer the grants program for the EAC pursuant to 5 USC §3109 (See 42 USC §15324(b)) and §204 (6)(c) of HAVA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent provides expert advice to EAC leadership regarding grants management; provides advice and guidance to States and U.S. territories regarding the use of funds provided by EAC to ensure State/U.S. territory compliance with HAVA, Appropriations Law and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars; conducts pre- and post-audits to review how funds have been spent; and makes recommendations to the Executive Director for audit resolutions.
The incumbent provides expertise for EAC on matters related to grants management oversight, audit resolution, budget formulation, and strategic planning. Activities may include:
- Supporting the EAC in the development of Congressional budget justifications;
- Developing short-term goals and objectives for the grants management program and participating in long-term strategic planning with EAC leadership;
- Providing technical assistance to the states on administering Federal funds and the allowable usage of HAVA funds;
- Processing and disbursing payments to States and discretionary grant recipients;
- Researching options for awarding remaining grant funds;
- Tracking the submission of and reviewing the content of financial and performance reports submitted by States and discretionary grant recipients;
- Pre-audit site visits to grantees to provide technical assistance and prepare for future audits;
- Providing post-audit visits, reviewing audit reports (related to payments and equipment inventory), and working with fund recipients on recommendations to resolve audit findings applicable to EAC programs;
- Overseeing the process of negotiating the indirect cost rates;
- Reviewing and approving amended State Plan submissions;
- Grants close-out management;
- Writing guidance (e.g., policies and internal controls) on grants management and HAVA issues;
- Providing written monthly/quarterly reports of activities associated with grants management and oversight;
- Managing contracts related to grants program activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Minimal travel will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554680700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.