The Administrative Officer for Research is directly responsible to the Associate Chief of Staff for Research & Development. The incumbent will provide administrative, professional & technical aspects for the comprehensive development & evaluation of research efforts, to carry out research mission of the Durham VAMC. Assists, & improve communications with investigators, prospective investigators, etc., by ensuring each assigned facility is administered efficiently & incompliance with R&D policy.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent is responsible for coordination and interface of VA research projects and patient care activities. Linking lower volume medical centers with independent medical centers to provide administration, resources and oversight. Responsible for liaison, staff assistance, and consultation with Biomedical Laboratory Research & Development, Clinical Studies Research & Development, etc.
- Oversight of Health research projects in joint ventures with the state and federal research programs.
- Communicate targeted dissemination information on research funding opportunities to investigators and prospective investigators. Maintain communication with the Office of Research & Development, VA Central Office and the services regarding matters pertinent to Research & Development.
- Responsible for submitting communication, reports and correspondence under his/her purview for the administration of the R&D programs, and requested by authorized personnel in the Central Office and the Network Director.
- The incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective means of research program review and evaluation to ensure compliance with policies and directives.
- Overseeing areas to ensure the eligibility status of investigators and annual reviews of the Merit Review Entry Program.
- Ensure the Research & Development funds are administered according to policy, that non-VA funds are appropriately spent on approved R&D activities and that VERA funds are used for intended purposes.
- The incumbent is responsible for the adequacy, and review of all proposals, and for scientific merit proposals. Assisting the investigators, to ensure that the proposal is in compliance for submission.
- Review budgetary requirements for personnel, equipment and supply requirements.
- Responsible for the budget of the research program, implement mechanisms to administer and account for research resources for the Durham VAMC.
- Development of adequate laboratory space, or renovation of space to accommodate the program which is frequently required.
- Planning and coordination of research and development programs that exists or which may be developed to further the goals of the facility in providing quality care to patients.
Work Schedule: 08:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Officer (Research)/PD3499
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553702200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.