The Center for Information Technology (CIT), at the National Institutes of Health is seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Network Security Architect and Engineer. This is a Scientific/Professional (ST) position and a listing of major responsibilities may be found in the "Duties" section.Learn more about this agency
- Provides advanced technical expertise on the design, development, and deployment of cybersecurity architecture to ensure the security of a 100-gigabit national enterprise level network, and supports the ongoing mission and activities of the Agency.
- Leads the planning, direction, and execution of the NIH network security architecture that ensures the safety and security of NIH high capacity networks and compliance with the requirements of the Federal Information Security Modernization Act;
- and other Federal cybersecurity regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Oversees the development of the network security architecture that incorporates: complex identity and access management and directory systems of more than 700,000 of researcher accounts and the general public in a global, federated environment.
- Oversees the engineering, architecting, and operating network security technologies for enterprise-level network security frameworks including configuration management, vulnerability assessment and mitigation, threat detection, forensic analysis.
- Oversees the engineering, architecting, and operating network security technologies for enterprise-level network security frameworks including , network access control, continuous performance monitoring, and incident detection and response.
- Responsible for meeting with a wide range of technical and research staff at all levels to translate business needs into functional, available systems that deliver secure network services.
- Leads and participates in dialogs with other internal and external groups to improve the network security posture of NIH.
- Serves as the senior advisor to CIT and NIH senior leadership on all aspects of network security architecture;
- Provides authoritative advice and counsel to management concerning network security architecture programs, policies, and strategic plans, and their effect on the accomplishment of CIT and NIH missions.
- Responsible for direct oversight of enterprise level networks serving at least 40,000 users in more than 100 locations and facilities that transmits at least 6 petabytes of data per day.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553549200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.