This position is located in the Economic Analysis Division of the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL in pay only.
This vacancy announcement was amended to extend the closing date to 04/24/2020. Applications will be referred until a selection is made or on closing.
As a Senior Director and member of the Economic Analysis senior staff, you will have responsibility for the preparation and dissemination of timely, accurate and evidence-based economic guidance including rigorous analysis of macroeconomics, growth, and poverty reduction in support of MCC program design, decision-making, implementation and evaluation. In addition, you will
- Guide the development and support for a macroeconomics 'Community of Practice' around MCC's core analytic tools and work program: elaborating and strengthening the methodology, engaging internally, externally, and with academic and applied professionals in the field of macroeconomics.
- Serve as a recognized Agency expert on economic topics relevant to MCC's macroeconomic and growth diagnostics work.
- Guide and oversee analysis of, inter alia, the relationship between country growth and poverty reduction, labor markets and job creation, assets and opportunities of the poor and intergenerational poverty transmission, and the drivers of distributional outcomes of the economy in MCC countries
- Convene expertise from outside of MCC in support of strengthening methodological rigor, stimulating debate and a deeper understanding among staff of the drivers of growth and relationship between growth, poverty reduction and inequality in MCC countries.
- Support staff learning which include exploring/adopting new analytic tools and approaches to understanding growth dynamics and how the 'quality of growth' impacts on sustainable poverty reduction and improving economic opportunity of poor segments in client countries.
- Participate on country teams and conducts qualitative and quantitative economic analysis to inform identification of the binding constraints to growth, and the design of country programs.
- Establish and promote cooperation with other donors and stakeholders, coordinates with other donors and researchers as applicable on broader initiatives on development economics,
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative economic analysis to inform identification of the binding constraints to growth, and the design of country programs.
- Support the administrative and human resource management functions of the division.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553405900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.