Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol in the following locations:
- El Paso Sector, El Paso, TX
- Rio Grande Valley Sector, McAllen, TX
- Yuma Sector, Yuma, AZ
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of U.S. Border Patrol will allow you to use your expertise to support Border Patrol Agents with humanitarian care and intake processing of detainees and provide other clerical/administrative support to agents and other Agency personnel. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen Homeland Security by providing expert technical assistance to contacts in and outside of Homeland Security. This position starts at a salary of $37,843.00 (GS-06, Step 1) to $49,200.00 (GS-06, Step 10) with promotion potential to $49,200 (GS-06, Step 10) .
Your job will include:
- Receiving and processing custody of detainees; maintaining security and well-being of detainees outside of a secure complex; inventorying, tagging and storing detainees' personal property for tracking purposes
- Transporting detainees to proceedings and medical facilities, which may require operating a passenger shuttle bus
- Communicating in the Spanish language; maintaining contact with other sectors, stations, agencies and foreign consulates and making arrangements for removal procedures, travel and escorts
- Logging the status of welfare checks of occupants, visual inspections of temporary holding areas and inputting information into the appropriate processing system
- Drafting and maintaining administrative paperwork and reports related to property, transportation, and deportation documentation
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553390300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.