About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Branch Chief. Technical guidance is available from the Regional Coordinator of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Assignments are performed to meet the objectives in accordance with regulatory directives such as AR 870.5, Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS), and NARA records management guidance.
- Performs original organization and modified cataloging of archival materials and archaeological associated documentation
- Applies knowledge of archival cataloging systems and professional standards.
- Develops classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials and maintains finding aids
- Assists with the electronic document systems, the archival preservation of electronic media, and applicable professional standards for these materials.
- Inspects records to determine the state of their preservation.
- Prepares and maintains a comprehensive strategic plan for the management of the archival records.
- Provides reference and research assistance to Area Office personnel, customers, and contractors.
- Interviews and interacts with customers to establish user needs.
- Generates and maintains narrative and statistical data relating to Archives operations to track metrics and progress.
- Drafts correspondence in response to requests for specific information
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553252700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.