THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE. Notice has been amended to extend the close date to July 15, 2020.
This position is located in GSA, Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), 18F Div and is responsible for improving public’s experience by helping federal agencies build, buy, and share technology. The incumbent will serve as agency IT expert and work with customer agencies to design, develop and support new or legacy applications software.Learn more about this agency
This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a severe shortage of candidates. We have a severe shortage of qualified applicants for our Information Technology Specialist positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA for IT Specialist by Executive Order 13833. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
Initial appointments are made lasting longer than 1 year, but not to exceed 4 years. GSA, may extend an appointment up to 4 additional years. No individual hired under this DHA can serve in excess of 8 years with GSA, and cannot be transferred to positions that are not IT positions.
Key facts about this DHA notice:
- TTS is seeking to fill multiple TERM appointments at the GS15 level.
- Positions may be located in Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY or Full-time Telework.
- Salary to be determined upon selection, depending on duty location.
- Full Time telework is negotiable after the selection (i.e., official worksite/duty location is the residence of the selectee).
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
- Current GSA employees on competitive service appointments will not be considered.
You must perform the following Major Duties utilizing expert level skill, mastery knowledge and significant IT experience:
Expert Software Engineer/Applications Developer:
- Serves as an expert software engineer/ applications developer and consultant, managing and directing
multiple highly complex and innovative IT projects and initiatives. This includes translating technical
specifications into programming specifications; developing, customizing, and/or acquiring applications
software programs; and testing, debugging, and maintaining software program.
- Provides expert technical advice, leadership, and direction on all software engineering related issues for the improvement of the product. Determines project objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential
threats and opportunities. Provides expert leadership and guidance in how to use user research findings to influence software product development. Establishes a shared understanding across team members and stakeholders.
- Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with critical agency priorities.
Provides Leadership to Ad Hoc Teams:
- Leads cross functional teams at scale or in highly complex environments to develop innovative software and/or services. Focuses team efforts towards current goals and priorities.
- Plans, develops, and executes large scale IT projects that transform the manner in which work is accomplished. Determines the size, skills, and roles necessary for an ad hoc team to deliver a product and identifies appropriate team members.
- Serves as a liaison to high-ranking stakeholders within GSA and customer agencies to convey information regarding Agile Technology Program activities, policies and goals; to clarify procedures; and to interpret directives as needed.
- Works closely with customer agencies in senior leadership roles and navigates conflicting priorities from senior stakeholders or in complex environments. Reinforces, upholds, and advocates for 18F’s core
principles for building IT services, including building in the open, developing software using agile and lean methodologies, and using user-centered design methods.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553208400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.