This position is located in the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (OCB) and provides expert direction to the Director; other agency officials& executives on OCB radio and TV programming, digital programming & distribution transformation, online news services, and social media, and leads strategic planning efforts relating to Cuba programming by analyzing audience trends, new technologies, creating strategies for enhancing existing programming, developing new programming and generating audience growth.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and managing programming to Cuba, including complete oversight for all matters related to programming, format, quality control and production.
- Ensuring the overall quality and content of OCB's programming.
- Recommending changes or improvements to broadcast policies and plans designed to enhance programming and increase listenership.
- Ensuring adherence to the VOA Charter, Journalistic Code and Best Practices Guide relevance to the target region.
- Overseeing of resource management controls and financial execution of the programming budget.
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Providing direction, advice, and guidance to subordinate personnel on policy implementation and program strategy for the most effective utilization of human and financial resources.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553153600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.