We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct detailed analyses of the efficiency and effectiveness of complex functions and work processes and recommend improvements in work operations.
- Develop and modify research methodologies and techniques for gathering data and documentation that address a wide scope of audit and evaluation activities.
- Apply an objective analysis and systemic evaluation to provide an independent assessment of the performance of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) organization, program, activity or function.
- Analyze, review, and make recommendations about programmatic and operational policies, processes, and activities.
- Interview key organizational authorities and other stakeholders to gather the necessary information for survey and audit purposes to diagnose gaps, causes, effects, and solutions, and to corroborate findings.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552899200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.