You will serve as a EXHIBITS SPECIALIST in the the Exhibits Branch, National Museum of the Marine Corps, Marine Corp University of TRAINING AND EDUCATION COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will fabricate museum quality artifact mounts in accordance with best industry practices.
- You will inspect and track exhibit maintenance and correction issue; walk through exhibits routinely, record damaged areas and failed exhibit components and add them to the maintenance schedules.
- You will manage the paint supply; prepare and submit supply requests to include research, completing necessary forms, tracking requests, receiving and storing materials.
- You will manage track, store, and properly dispose of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- You will implement exhibit branch and industry drawings standards for small exhibit design and fabrication.
- You will assess artifacts for safety and exhibit mount requirements; maintain exhibits and galleries using basic general carpentry and painting skills and create, update and maintain exhibit lighting plans using AutoCAD software.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552836200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.