This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The ICIG has the authority to initiate and conduct independent audits, inspections, investigations, and reviews of programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). The ICIG's principal organizational divisions are Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, and Management and Administration. The ICIG also operates a Center for Protected Disclosures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- The Director of Technology is a new position within the ICIG. The incumbent will have substantial responsibilities related to the ICIG's technical strategy, business application development, and use and oversight of new and emerging technologies. The Director of Technology will provide guidance and expertise on the ICIG's efforts to remain current with technological advancements, and make recommendations to leverage technology investments and capital to meet the ICIG's mission and goal. The ICIG is a relatively small-sized office with a large statutory mandate to provide independent and objective oversight of all programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the DNI. We are very passionate about what we do - we believe in our intelligence oversight mission and our core values of integrity, independence, commitment, diversity, and transparency. We are looking for someone who shares these core values and will apply them to our technology efforts. If you believe in the mission of effective and objective intelligence oversight, are committed to excellence, and are looking for an opportunity to have a positive and enduring impact on the United States Intelligence Community, this is the place for you.
- We are looking for the Director of Technology to provide sound and cutting edge technical guidance and expertise as part of our mission to provide effective and objective intelligence oversight across the Intelligence Community. You will communicate with the workforce and senior leaders across the Intelligence Community, other intelligence oversight professionals, intelligence oversight committees, and other interested stakeholders to ensure intelligence oversight technologies and personnel stay current and effective. Strategic thinking, superior technical skills, strong business acumen, and exceptional inter-personal skills are essential in this role. The ideal candidate for this position is well versed in current technological trends, data analytics, and emerging technologies, particularly artificial intelligence (AI). If you are also an excellent communicator, writer, and public speaker, we would like to meet you.
- The incumbent in this position will:
- Serve as the ICIG's subject matter expert in and advise ICIG personnel on cybersecurity, cyber incident response, computing, computer network coordination, IT, data analytics, and emerging technologies, particularly AI.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an efficient, effective, and sustainable technological infrastructure for the ICIG.
- Provide support in maintaining, trouble-shooting, and enhancing the ICIG's systems and applications.
- Assist in establishing the ICIG's strategic plan for IT and emerging technologies, including goals for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the ICIG's operations through the application of IT and emerging technologies, and in identifying opportunities to support efficient community-wide collaboration and to promote an integrated IT environment.
- Assess the financial aspects of the ICIG's technology development, implementation, and maintenance; and analyze and make recommendations to the ICIG's senior leadership on how to best allocate funds for technologies, personnel, and training.
- Provide support to audits, inspections, evaluations, investigations, or special projects involving complex cybersecurity, IT, data analytics, and AI programs or activities.
- Provide leadership and/or oversight to complex IT projects or programs that may include ill-defined requirements, ambiguity, parallel tasks, multiple dependencies, high risks, and multiple interfaces; ensure alignment with strategic objectives; lead the definition and review of ICIG and stakeholder requirements; ensure plans and schedules are developed and followed throughout the life of the project.
- Serve as the ICIG's liaison to the Intelligence Community Inspectors General Forum, the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), and other stakeholders to advance cybersecurity, IT, data analytics, and emerging technology initiatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552596500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.