About the Position: Serves as Protocol Specialist for the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Exports and Cooperation (DASA DEC) within the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) (ASAALT).Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with DoD Direct Hire, FRN Vol 82, No. 216 dated 11/9/17 (Acq Bus and Tech Mgmt.) Section II.B.4.b.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all protocol aspects of visits of high ranking US and foreign dignitaries for the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Exports and Cooperation (DASA DEC) leadership.
- Facilitates arrangements for site and facility selection, procurement of awards, press coverage, gift exchanges, appropriate menu selections, meetings, invitations, seating arrangements, etc.
- Serves as protocol escort for the duration of the scheduled event, providing advice and assistance as needed and taking corrective action for unforeseen requirements that allow the event to continue to a successful conclusion.
- Organizes the briefings, tours, and demonstrations, tasking elements of the DASA DEC office to prepare appropriate material.
- Has full responsibility for maintaining the DASA DEC's daily and long-range calendars.
- Researches data, develops briefings, prepares fact sheets, etc.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552562300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.