The position is located in the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) within CMS in one of the six regional office locations listed above. Other locations may be considered.Learn more about this agency
As the Director, Survey and Operations Group, CCSQ, you will be responsible for overseeing health and safety standards and other related policies for providers and suppliers of health services under Medicare, Medicaid, and other Federally-financed health care programs throughout the CMS Regional Offices.
- Works with CCSQ leadership to provide national direction for the establishment and implementation of substantive policies and operating procedures for the technical aspects of the health and safety standards.
- Provides leadership in the planning, directing and coordinating of programs in the ROs to ensure adherence to health care and safety standards and other related policies for providers and suppliers under Federally-financed health care programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the enforcement of health and safety standards by State survey agencies and other approved accrediting bodies; and develops procedures and guidelines for regional certification responsibilities.
- Develops and analyzes national data on the administration of the Medicare and Medicaid standards and certification program and develops methods for improvement, alignment and consistency in policy application nationwide.
- Develops budget and financial management functions related to the survey and certification activity.
- Provides information and expertise for the development of training for surveyors of laboratories and acute care facilities that includes course curriculum development, interpretation of Federal regulations and course presentation.
- Provides leadership to the RO staff with particular attention to building strong relationships CMS wide to ensure an aligned and integrated approach to policy implementation.
- Establishes and maintains close working relations and participates in many outreach activities with a variety of professional groups, associations and governmental agencies.
- Serves as a CCSQ liaison to the CMS Office of Program Operations and Local Engagement (OPOLE).
50% or less - Travel may be up to 40%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552189500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.