This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, Library and Research Services Division. The incumbent will serve as a Supervisory Librarian, providing information and research resources needed by officials and staff of the EOP with regard to government-wide and/or national and international concerns relating to policy making at the highest levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Librarian (Technical Services), GS-1410-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Manages Library resources to include staff and budgetary expenditures for print, electronic, and audio resources.
- Evaluates, plans, oversees, and coordinates an acquisition program for information resources.
- Supervises a staff of professional librarians and technicians.
- Establishes priorities, assigns, distributes, and evaluates work performed by library staff.
- Provides advice, guidance, and counsels employees regarding work and administrative matters.
- Counsels staff to address work performance and conduct issues.
- Trains and guides staff in use of technical services modules of library management system.
- Plans and implements technological improvements; such as library systems, applications, and technical infrastructure.
- Oversees cataloging and metadata processes to assure effective customer access for digital, print, and audio materials.
- Oversees management of digital resources including license management and integration.
- Plans and provides access to vendor training for librarians and technicians.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551990500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.