Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks, Deputy Commissioner for Trademark Administration, Electronic Filing and Public Web Services.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the Communications Planning and Management Specialist for the Trademark business unit responsible for developing and executing a strategic communication program that includes implementing strategic initiatives and information campaigns, that leverage all available communication formats and emerging technologies to most effectively communicate complex information, programs and policies.
- Assisting in developing policy and program guidance that directly contributes to overall customer and employee communication strategies to reach the spectrum of audiences through various methods.
- Leading a strategy and content creation process using research/analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation to convey information about Trademark programs and services to a variety of audiences across all communication channels.
- Authoring high-quality content to fulfill trademark business unit communication needs.
- Developing content to support the full-spectrum of communication such as talking points, presentations, blogs, and speeches, responses to media queries, social media, email alerts, official correspondence, and website content.
- Analyzing information and making recommendations for improving delivery of information to customers and employees.
- Developing and providing oversight and direction for short and long-term planning in setting the business unit’s overall communication strategy to support enhanced customer and employee experience.
- Coordinating, collaborating and participating directly with Trademark senior leadership, technical and functional experts within the Office of the Chief Communications Officer to help steer agency-wide internal and external communication policy and practices, ensure strategic communication alignment, promote compliance with agency wide policies, and provide awareness of Trademark communication planning and ongoing communication activities.as expert technical advisor and consultant with respect to video teleconferencing, audiovisual equipment and systems, and visual information media.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551870800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.