The Commission's Office of Legislative and Public Affairs (OLPA) is seeking a motivated and creative individual to join the OLPA team and assist the Director of OLPA in performing the public affairs duties of the office. The incumbent reports to the Director of OLPA.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of OLPA, and OLPA staff in the development and implementation of the Commission's public affairs and outreach program.
- Respond to requests for data, publications, and other material from the media, public, attorneys, the criminal justice community, and government agencies.
- Maintain press and public contact databases.
- Copy edit assigned agency public material for clarity, grammar, and style.
- Design and coordinate production of Commission publications assigned by the Director of OLPA.
- Write, edit and contribute to a variety of Commission materials, including newsletters, e-mail blasts, and some digital content.
- Handle logistics associated with the printing and distribution of specific Commission publications, including press inspections and quality control of printed material.
- Coordinate logistics for public hearings. Secure reservations for audiovisual needs, arrange for a court reporter, and provide site manager with details and requirements for the hearing room set-up.
- Coordinate with the Senior Public Affairs Specialist on designing, editing, and producing some Commission publications as well as compiling and distributing press clips and items of interest throughout the Commission.
- Assist in maintaining official set of Commission public comment, hearing transcripts, and meeting minutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551768000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.