This position is located in the Office Information Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO), Information Technology Centers (ITC). The incumbent serves as the Senior System Administrator (SA).Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs
- Coordinates and assists in systems planning with developers, vendors, project managers, and higher-level managers..
- Participates in integrated project team IIPT) meetings contributing to the planning and coordination for the configurations, installation, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of hardware and software systems in IO.
- Develops and maintains Operating System shell scripts.
- Develops and documents systems administration standards operating procedures to include but not limited to systems OS baseline standards, patching process, implementation plans, and other OS related processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and leads complex related installations, migrations, and/or upgrades for small to large systems.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: May be available and determined by Supervisor
Virtual: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/OS)~/15114-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require and special physical effort. Duties made require lifting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors and printers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551723000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.