This National Guard position is for a Contract Specialist, Position Description Number T5200P01 and is part of the United States Property and Fiscal Office - Purchasing and Contracting Division, New Jersey Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose is to serve as Chief of the Contracting Office and supervise personnel engaged in procuring various supplies, services, and construction.
As a SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST, GS-1102-13, you will:
- Exercise supervisory personnel management and contracting responsibilities
- Ensure timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics
- Execute post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts
- Resolve problems that limit competition and modifies clauses that discourage potential offers
- Analyze price and cost elements of the proposed change(s) and obtain audits when required
- Monitor and evaluate contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts
- Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management
- Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements
- Select appropriate contracting approaches, techniques, and procedures to solve a variety of acquisition problems
- Prepare final contract to include appropriate standard clauses and special provisions, final pricing and payment terms, and incentives
- Initiate, establish, maintain and complete contract file documentation using electronic business systems including PD2 and VCE modules
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551524500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.